A University Degree (Bachelors in particular) should be viewed as a foundation for your continuing and expanding education. Doing a broad based course like a Bachelor of Arts can be a good first step in deciding what direction you want your career to take. The good training and assessment involved at a university level leaves you well placed to add on some vocational education to your degree.
Here are some of the other ways you can enhance your degree that you a have just completed or have had for some time:
- Become a teacher or trainer – This will allow you to share the knowledge you have with others.
- Post Graduate Courses – Expanding your study may take time but the rewards are there in the long term.
- Start Your Own Business – This can be a learning process as well as a chance to implement your skills.
Improving your skills that you already have or learning a new skill set can help you survive in a tough job market. It is not enough to learn one thing, get a job, then stay in that line of work until you retire. Your parents may have done it this way, but this is no longer a realistic approach for the following reasons;
- More people are changing careers a number of times in their life.
- More employers are seeking workers that can perform multiple roles.
- Job markets can be competitive so you need an edge on other applicants.